A more detailed and in depth updated forecast will be sent out this evening. Until then, here’s the latest bullet points for the forecast:
There are going to be multiple winter weather issues over the next 36 hours or so, including -
- Snow to start with near sunset today that changes to sleet and then freezing rain tonight and Thursday morning.
- Temperatures falling through the 20s late Thursday morning through Thursday afternoon with areas of freezing drizzle, which will lead to some very big issues in the way of black ice late Thursday morning through Thursday afternoon.
- Additional freezing rain expected Thursday evening.
- Total snow and sleet amounts of 2 to 4 inches look likely.
- Total ice amounts of around one quarter of an inch look likely.
- Winds gusting to 35 to 40 mph Thursday night and Friday, which could lead to extra strain on trees and power lines leading to downed tree limbs and power outages.
- Near zero low temperatures Friday night, which could be a big problem for anyone with no power.